Setup Tax Rates
In Jowi, tax rates are set for each dish separately and are already included in the price of the dish. For example, if the tax rate is 20%, and the cost of the dish is 100$, then the tax will be: 100/120 * 20 = 16.67$, and the cost of the dish without tax is 83.33$.
To set tax rates, you must complete two steps:
1. Setup and add tax rates.
2. Add tax rates to dish cards.
To work with tax rates, you need the "Write" right in the "Settings" and "Items" sections.
1. On the "Settings" tab, select "Settings".
2. Click "Edit" to open the restaurant settings.
3.Put the flag to enable tax rates for dishes. Save the changes.
4. Refresh the page. On the "Settings" tab, the "Tax rates" section will appear. Open it.
5. Click "Add" to create a tax rate.
6. Fill in the fields:
- name of tax;
- rate size;
- invested tax – used in countries where excise duty is applied in addition to the main tax;
- number and letter for the fiscal registrar – required for countries in which tax rates are indicated by a number or a letter (depending on the settings of the fiscal printer).
7. Save settings.
After you add all tax rates, you can link them to dishes.
1. Open the dish card.
2. In the new field – "Tax rate" – select the rate for the dish. Save the changes.
3. Indicate tax rates in all dishes where necessary.
Now, in the bill, guests will see the amount of tax and the total cost of the order, taking it into account.
Attention! If the client has a discount, then the tax is calculated from the final amount after deducting the discount.
For dishes with excise duty, the amount of the duty is calculated first, and then the amount of the main tax from the cost of the dish after deducting the excise duty.