The notification module is a tool for fast-food establishments. It allows you to display the order number on the screen so that visitors can see its status.
How it works
- Guests place an order and pay it at the cash.
- The order is sent to the kitchen.
- After preparation, the order number is displayed on a special screen.
- Clients see their order on the screen and take it.
There are two versions for organizing work with the notification module:
- using a cook monitor;
- without using a cook monitor.
To control the notification module you need administrator rights.
Set Up Notification Module
1. On the main screen, select "Settings" in the top menu.
2. Go to the "Notification module" tab.
3. Turn on the module and select the settings in the "User notifications" section:
- random generation of the order number – Jowi independently assign the number to the order, which will be displayed on the screen;
- use the monitor module for order readiness – orders appear at the terminal of administrator only after they have been prepared;
- autostart of the module when Waiter is turned on.
4. Select on which monitor the notifications for clients will be displayed.
5. Set up the display of orders:
- upload your own background for the monitor;
- select a display template – orders in progress or just finished;
- indicate the color of the font and its size.
6. Setup the filter - whose orders will be displayed on the terminal by the administrator.
7. Save the changes.
The notification module is tuned – now clients will see when they can take their order.
Notification Module and Cook Monitor
1. Clients place an order at the cash.
2. The cashier closes the order and accepts payment – the order is displayed in the "In progress" column.
3. The cook sees the order on the monitor, after preparing the dish – notes his readiness.
4. On the screen, clients see their order number in the "Finish" column.
5. At the cashier on the monitor appears a notification that the dish is ready. When visitors take the order, the cashier clicks "Taken".
The cashier can click "Call" – in this case, the order number on the monitor will blink.
Notification Module without a Cook Monitor
1. Clients place an order at the cash, pay for it. The order number is in the "In progress" column.
2. At the cashier terminal, an order card appears. When the dish is ready, the cashier clicks "Finish" – the order move into the column "Finish" on the monitor for clients.
The cashier may click “Call” – in this case, the order number on the monitor will blink.
3. Visitors take the order, the cashier clicks "Taken".